Did you know...
- Less than 8% of people who suffer cardiac arrest outside of the hospital survive.*
- Effective bystander CPR, provided immediately, can double or triple a victim's changes of survival.*
- About 75% to 80% of all sudden cardiac arrests happen at home, so performing CPR can mean the difference between life and death of a loved one.*
Designed for general public training within the community or organizational setting. No prior medical training is required for registration.
The modern healthcare team relies heavily on knowledge of current best practices, continued training and education, and well-developed, critical thinking skills. Courses at the GWDEMTC are tailored to helping improve clinicians in one or more of these areas. We are proud to offer the full line of AHA and NAEMT courses to provide community. In addition to these staples, the GWDEMTC offers an extensive selection of courses from a multitude of accrediting bodies, including specialty certification courses through the ENA, SCCM, STN and ACS. This well-developed course portfolio not only means that we can likely meet your educational needs, but that many of our instructors are practiced and certified across multiple lines of discipline and scopes of practice. The majority of the courses conducted at the GWDEMTC have open enrollment and create a great environment to meet other clinicians with different perspectives.
Please navigate to the calendar listings for these courses by selecting the links below:
If you are interested in taking one of the following courses, please contact us.
- Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses (ATCN)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- EMS Safety Course
- Emergency Pediatric Care (EPC)
- Airway Management
- Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS)