2120 L Street NW, Ste. 530, Washington, DC 20037
The GW Medical Faculty Associates Department of Emergency Medicine is excited to announce an Accelerated EMT Program for Fall 2023. This program is an accelerated 14-week program for those interested in entering the exciting world of EMS. The class is also perfect for people interested in a career in healthcare, or in working for a fire department, EMS agency, or hospital.
The class schedule is designed to meet the demands of a working professional or student, with class hours in the evenings and occasional weekend labs.
Taught by practicing GWDEMTC clinicians and educators, students will complete the didactic and practical portions of the National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) program with both lectures and hands-on simulations. Students will have the opportunity to apply what they've learned through rotations within affiliated emergency service institutions.
After successfully completing the course, students will be eligible to sit for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) computer-based certification examination. For more information on requirements for the National Registry, please visit the NREMT website.
The cost of the course is a total of $3,500. A $1,000 deposit is required to register for the class and is non-refundable after January 29, 2023. Tuition includes:
- $250 credit towards GWTC continuing education offerings following the successful completion of the course.
- All course materials: textbook, course folder, and online learning portal access
- Course website with practice exams and supplemental material
- Access to GWDEMTC equipment and instructors for after-hours practice
- Uniform shirts and name tags for clinical rotations
- Vital signs equipment: BP cuff, stethoscope, pen light, shears
- NREMT Psychomotor testing
- Post course follow-up for Cognitive NREMT testing registration and certification transfers
- AHA BLS Certification
- CEVO Certification
Tuition does not include:
- NREMT Application Fee (required to sit for the NREMT Cognitive Exam.)
- Fee for background check/immunization tracking/drug screen required to complete field clinicals. This fee is approximately $150 and is through a specific third-party vendor (more information on this process will be included in your welcome packet)
- Meeting Times
- Course Duration: February 12, 2024 - May 11, 2024
- Meeting Times:
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- Nine (9) Saturdays: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Testing Dates: Friday, May 10, 2024 and Saturday, May 11, 2024
- At least 16 years old prior to the start date of the course.
- Able to provide a record of up-to-date vaccinations (including the COVID-19 vaccine), physical exam, background check, and drug test to meet clinical site requirements.
- Able to meet time and physical commitments of the program as detailed in the Student Handbook.
- Access to the internet and ability to complete homework, quizzes, and exams outside of class with a personal computing device (access to word processing suite and internet).
For additional questions or information, please contact the Training Center at 202.741.2958 or email email@example.com. If no seats are left available for registration, it is possible that the course is full. Please note that the waitlist is limited to 5 potential students.