2120 L Street NW, Ste. 530, Washington, DC 20037
The GW Medical Faculty Associates Department of Emergency Medicine is excited to announce an Accelerated EMT Program for Summer 2023. This program is an accelerated 6-week program for those interested in entering the exciting world of EMS. The class is also perfect for people interested in a career in healthcare, or in working for a fire department, EMS agency, or hospital.
Taught by practicing GWDEMTC clinicians and educators, students will complete the didactic and practical portions of the National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) program with both lectures and hands-on simulations. Students will have the opportunity to apply what they've learned through clinical rotations within affiliated emergency service institutions.
After successfully completing the course, students will be eligible to sit for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) computer-based certification examination. For more information on requirements for the National Registry, please visit the NREMT website.
The cost of the course is a total of $4,250. A $1,000 deposit is required in order to register for the class and is non-refundable after June 19, 2023. Tuition includes:
- All course materials: textbook, course folder, and online learning portal access
- Course website with practice exams and supplemental material
- Access to GWDEMTC equipment and instructors for after-hours practice
- Uniform shirts and name tags for clinical rotations
- Vital signs equipment: BP cuff, stethoscope, pen light, shears
- NREMT Psychomotor testing
- Post course follow-up for Cognitive NREMT testing registration and certification transfers
- AHA BLS Certification
- AHA BPP Certification
- CEVO 4 Certification
**Tuition does not include the NREMT Application Fee ($104.00) which is required to sit for the Cognitive Exam**
- Meeting Times
- Course Duration: July 5, 2023 - August 15, 2023
- Meeting Times:
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM (Except for first and last week)
- Testing Dates: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 and Thursday, August 17, 2023
- At least 16 years old prior to the start date of the course.
- Able to provide a record of up-to-date vaccinations (including the COVID-19 vaccine), physical exam, background check, and drug test to meet clinical site requirements.
- Able to meet time and physical commitments of the program as detailed in the EMS Student Handbook.
- Access to the internet and ability to complete homework, quizzes, and exams outside of class with a personal computing device (access to word processing suite and internet).
For additional questions or information, please contact the Training Center at 202.741.2958 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If no seats are left available for registration, it is possible that the course is full. Please note that the waitlist is limited to 5 potential students.