Did you know...
• CPR and First Aid training is an important part of an OSHA Workplace First Aid Program.
• Effective bystander CPR, provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest, can double or triple a victim’s chance of survival.*
• But only 32% of cardiac arrest victims get CPR from a bystander.*
• Chances of survival from sudden cardiac death diminish by 7% - 10% each minute without immediate CPR or defibrillation.*
*Statistics provided by the American Heart Association.
The Department of Emergency Medicine at the GW Medical Faculty Associates was the seventh academic Emergency Medicine Department in the country. Since its inception, the Department of Emergency Medicine has been committed to service excellence in patient care and education, expansion of Emergency Medicine's boundaries through the development of new programs and configurations, and the creation of new knowledge in this field. As part of this mission, the department established the Emergency Medicine Training Center to reduce death and disability from cardiac disease through the delivery of the highest quality training courses. These courses are offered to the public, school communities, business, and government agencies as well as to the healthcare community both domestically and internationally.
Private training initiatives are customized for clients and may include basic CPR and AED training, first aid, pre-hospital education, American Heart Association courses, advanced physician-level instruction, and continuing medical education (CME).
As a professional and experienced Training Center, many of our clients return year after year for training. Below is just a sampling of our client list. A more detailed past performance document is available upon request.
- The United States Secret Service
- The Department of State
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation
- The Department of Justice
- The Transportation Safety Administration
- The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
- The Smithsonian Institution
- Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
- The International Monetary Fund
- The United States Postal Service
- Ministry of Health and Royal Omani Police, the Sultanate of Oman
- The Kennedy Center
- Hammoud Hospital, Lebanon
- Georgetown Law Center
- The Environmental Protection Agency
- The World Bank
- The Peace Corps
- The United States Customs Service