2120 L Street NW, Ste. 530, Washington, DC 20037
This course encompasses the current American Heart Association (AHA) CPR and ECC guidelines. Students will watch videos and be given an opportunity to practice the changes prior to being tested on their skills competency. Please allow for at least 2 hours to complete the skills session. More time may be necessary if you require remediation.
You MUST bring a copy of the Online Part 1 Course Completion Certificate. You WILL NOT BE ADMITTED to the session without completion of the online component.
- Physical Requirements
You must be able to physically demonstrate the skills in order to receive a certification.
- Course Content
This course includes the following for adults, children, and infants:
- Recognizing Medical Emergencies
- Accessing the Appropriate Emergency Resources
- Providing CPR (including 1 and 2-rescuer scenarios)
- Providing Ventilations with a Bag-Mask Device (BVM)
- Relief of a Foreign-Body Airway Obstruction (Choking)
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- AHA Disclaimer
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association, and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the Association.