2120 L Street NW, Ste. 530, Washington, DC 20037
This course encompasses the current American Heart Association (AHA) CPR and ECC guidelines. The full certification course is designed for providers who are seeking certification for the first time or those who have let their previous certification expire. The renewal course is designed for those who have taken the course and whose card is about to expire. Successful performance of both a written and skills exam is required for a completion card.
You MUST bring a copy of the CURRENT textbook, a CURRENT provider certification, AND a COMPLETED PRECOURSE ASSESSMENT to the course.
You WILL NOT BE ADMITTED to the class without the required textbook and a completed precourse assessment. You can purchase the manual online.
If you are a new provider or have an ACLS card that HAS expired, you must take the two day, full certification class.
If you have a current, NON-EXPIRED, ACLS card, you are eligible to take the one day, renewal course.
- Physical Requirements
You must be able to physically demonstrate the skills in order to receive a certification.
- Course Content
This course includes the following:
- Emphasis on Basic Life Support including skills practice
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Utilization of the team-resuscitation dynamic
- Recognition & Treatment of Acute Coronary Syndromes & Stroke
- Treatment of cardiac arrest
- Management of stable & unstable bradycardia & tachycardias
- Opportunity to review advanced airway management
This course does not include:
- Formal instruction on placement of advanced airways
- Formal instruction on rhythm identification & ECG interpretation
- Precourse Requirements
- AHA Disclaimer
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association, and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the Association.